Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wooden Shoe Rather Be Dutch?

I never did find a tiny Dutch costume for Teddy.  I didn't really try too hard; I was too cheap to buy one for just one year.  He just wore a cute outfit when we went to Dutch Village last week, but I was having a hard time doing that for Tulip Time.  So, last night I ran to Field's Fabric to find some yellow-ish fabric, had Tim draw me a shoe and whipped up this bodysuit.

In this picture he's also wearing a Gap Portobello sweater, Gap jeans and Pediped shoes.  The shoes are size 6-12m and he kicked them off while I was feeding him before we left.  It also ended up being a lot warmer than I planned so it didn't wear the sweater in Holland.

Around 9:30 when I got the fabric out of the dryer I realized I didn't have and Heat n Bond.  I really wanted to get it done last night so I improvised.  I cut out the shape, used Wash Away Wonder Tape to hold it in place one the bodysuit and used a tight zig zag stitch to hopefully prevent fraying.  It pulls a little in places, but it wasn't bad for what I had to work with!

Tillie wore her Dutch costume, handmade by a grandma in Jenison.  I bought it on Craigslist a couple years ago.

No comments: