Thursday, July 4, 2013

The 4th

We did it, with many outfits to spare.  Today as we were walking to the parade Tillie looked at Tim's khaki shorts, laughed and said, "Daddy!  You don't wear brown today!  It's only for red, white and blue!"  I've totally brought her over to my side.

Teddy's wearing a Genuine Kids polo from the thrift store and Gymboree Prepster Pup seersucker shorts.  This is the first year I haven't purchased outfits specifically to be used the on the 4th.  It worked out just fine as I have a tendency to buy a lot of red and nautical things for my kids in the summer.
Kizie and my mom supplied him with the festive beads.

Tillie's wearing an Osh Kosh dress I bought at a garage sale a couple years ago.  I just really liked it.  Thankfully, Tillie likes it a lot too.  Her necklace is crewcuts.

After swimming at Philip's pool for a bit, they changed into new outfits.  Teddy wore and Old Navy striped tee with red Gymboree Beach Crawler shorts.

And, we couldn't let the opportunity for her to wear her birthday shirt today pass by.  Today we paired it with crewcuts cowgirl denim shorts.  They're a 3, but they were much too big last year.

No comments: