Friday, April 11, 2014

Today's Adventure: McDonald's & Target

Tillie had one request for Spring Break -- go to the play place at a McDonald's.  I think she'd gotten to do it once before on a road trip.  We picked Tim up from school and had lunch with him.  I'd be okay not going to another play place for a long, long time.  It was a lot of NOISY big kids.  Maybe during spring break wasn't the best timing.  I bribed them to leave early by offering a trip to Target to look at toys.

Teddy's wearing a crewcuts astronaut dog shirt I bought this week.  It was 40% the sale price in store(much cheaper than online!) and I knew he would just love it.  Also, it glows in the dark.  His red skinny jeans are Gap and his See Kai Run sneakers are from a garage sale, but I'm pretty sure they're from our friend Gus.  (I know his mom had things at this sale.)  Teddy loves them because he thinks the red wagon logo on the sole is a fire truck.

Tillie's wearing a homemade knot dress I bought at the Polka Dot Pearl sale last weekend.  There were two boxes of her daughters' outgrown clothes for sale and Tillie picked this out.  It was only $3 and I think she'll be able to wear it for a long time.  (Actually, it's pretty wide so it might actually be a knot top instead of a dress.)  Tillie's kind of over the moon about the fact that it's a "play dress".  She's already excited about wearing it at Camp.  We layered it over a cream Next tee from the thrift store.

No comments: