Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten!

Tillie started real school today!  Thankfully it's only mornings so I don't lose her for the whole day yet.  I had ordered her a Next outfit during a sale this summer, but their 5-6 is too big for her.  It fits more like a 6, so if we don't find anything else better she might wear it for the first day of 1st Grade.  I found another shirt I liked, but Tillie didn't.  She loved this Next dress, so I spent a little more than I wanted(although I made my brother order it for me so I could get a "new customer" discount).  We're going to use it for our fall family pictures as well, so that helped justify it.

I couldn't believe it when I opened the package and saw an apple front and center.  It's like they knew they were sending it for the first day of school!  Her bow is from a boutique near Camp, her school are OshKosh(from last year) and her ruffle socks are crewcuts.

I bought her backpack 2 years ago from Pottery Barn Kids.  It was too big for her for preschool, so we saved it until now.  Luckily she still likes it and was excited to use it!  I'd like to get her a "monogrammed" name tag, but I haven't seen one I like at a price I want to pay.

She had a great first day.  She tried chocolate milk(didn't like it), got play on the WHOLE playground and had one girl friend from last year in her class and they got to sit together!  I think it's going to be a great year.

No comments: