Sunday, December 1, 2013

And So It Begins

December 1, the first day of Advent.  My kids tend to have a lot of Christmas clothes, so we busted out some festive duds for church today.

Teddy's wearing a plaid Ralph Lauren shirt that was $1 at the thrift store with Gap red skinny jeans.  I got the jeans this summer when sale items were 40% off AND reward were doubled.  I hardly paid anything for them.

Tillie's wearing a Gap Lodge patchwork plaid dress that I had always admired.  Imagine my surprise when I found this one at Goodwill for 99¢!  (And I had a 20% coupon!)  The only problem was that it was a 2t, but I just couldn't leave it there.  When we got home Tillie wanted to try it on, so I let her!  I must run big, because while my girl is thin, she's not that thin.  The length is pretty good too.  So, if you're looking for this dress you can probably size down.  Her tights are from Gymboree and are size 3-4.  I really need to get new ones in a bigger size as her legs are too long for these.  They slide down all morning and drove her crazy.  I understand that one.

I'd say these thrift store Christmas outfits are a hit.  I love how their outfits look together, even if they didn't want to pose.

No comments: