Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shades of Blue

Last August when I was planning our family's fall pictures I got Tim this shirt at J.Crew.  I based everyone else's outfits around the colors.

I immediately saw a turquoise cord dress from Mini-Boden that would be perfect for Tillie.  She was still refusing to wear anything but short sleeve, so I knew she wouldn't refuse it.  It added texture, but not too much pattern and was just a style I knew would be flattering on her.  Of course it was a $38 dress.  But!  A few weeks later I was able to purchase a $50 voucher to Boden for $21 on Plum District.  It wasn't long after that that I was able to get the dress and two t-shirts for Teddy using that voucher.  It was a pretty sweet deal.

Today she's wearing that cord dress with a white Cherokee tee, Gymboree knee socks and Circo Fuggs.  Her headband was also purchased for family pictures(Etsy), but she wore it on the first day of school as well.


I found Teddy's gingham shirt on H&M's website and thought about waiting until I was at a store, but in the end I found a 20% off code and free shipping.  I'm glad I ordered it because I never saw it in store!  Today he's wearing it with a Janie & Jack cardigan, chinos from The Children's Place and Livie and Luca boots.

He did not want to have his picture taken today.

No comments: